Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Douglas Sharpe's EDM310 blog post #5

The Personal Learning Network is a wide variety of tools that allows you to help find people that you could get in touch with to learn new ideas. This network allows you to improve your classroom by learning all of the new technology that is out there for teachers. Teacher's are always trying to learn new ways to make their classroom better and PLN can help with that in many ways. Creating a PLN allows us to communicate world-wide and to meet so many new people. Technology is changing the world in everyday life and especially in the classroom and having a PLN allows us to educate ourselves so we can become a better teacher. I would like to be a college level football coach so I searched on twitter for football coaches and found @coachbriankelly, @BYUfootball and @coachsark, I requested to follow them on twitter so my PLN consist of them so far. I plan on expanding my PLN as I find more coaches on twitter. I believe that this is a great way to meet new people and to have the opportunity of learning how technology can make us more of a well rounded person. I really do look forward to expanding my PLN in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that maintaining a PLN will give you more access to other educators so that you may collaborate and learn new methods of teaching. You get somewhat of an inside look at how coaches on the college level operate by following them on Twitter. You are able to see things such as what types of camps they are putting on as well as how they handle their day to day lives. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, but don't forget that each blog post requires working links, and your pictures need to have alt and title modifiers!

    ReplyDelete