Wednesday, May 28, 2014

About me...

My name is Douglas Sharpe, I was born and raised in Mobile, AL. I attended Murphy high school and immediately after graduating I enlisted in the United States Coast Guard. I was enlisted in the military for four years and was stationed in New Orleans, LA. I was honorably discharged from the coast guard due to it being my end of enlistment and decided to use my GI bill to further my education. I have always loved Mobile and the great city that it is, so I decided to move back home and attend the University of South Alabama. I am the oldest of three siblings who all attend Mcgill Toolen, I am the first one to ever attend college from my immediate family and want to set a good example for my younger brothers. I would like to enter the field of education because I love to make an impact in other’s lives and the thought of bettering someone brings happiness to me. I have a passion for football, so I would definitely like to work my way into a college level coaching job. I help coach as a student assistant here at South Alabama with the football team and to me there is nothing better than being on the practice field with those guys at 6 A.M. every morning during the season and on game days. I would like to get better at the way I spend my time studying. I also have a three year old daughter named Chloe that takes up a lot of my time when I'm not focusing on school work. She means the world to me and this is also another reason of why I decided to further my education by enrolling here at South.

1 comment:

  1. This is your practice post.. Where is Blog Post #1. It was due Wednesday midnight.

    ReplyDelete